Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's a TARP!!!!

Just a quicky, I been BUSY! IRL job, family, yard work n preppin for Jeep and sail season... and my time in Anoikis has been, if anything, busier!

Been on a bunch of Ops and Sites and in general raising hell where ever we go. We have been on a lowsec Op that my corpmate Mab did a great post (with Vid) on, and several great Anoikis ganks among which my ally Sai Talos has also posted this post (with Vid) on... and I have been learning the Tao of Fraps myself...

But... it seems that frapsing a whole Op can lead to very large .avi files... upwards of 30 to 50GB effin files, and of course, much of that is travel or boofing around or gate games etc., etc. ...

And the video editing software I have been using simply was not up to the task. So I have been diggin around the web and finally found VirtualDub (pre and post processing app) for .avi files. This allows you to crop and trim and compress the raw fraps footage to manageable sizes and then I found NCH VideoPad which I like a lot, though I am also taking time to learn Lightworks which looks to be AMAZING... but is not as intuitive to me. All are freeware BTW... 

Anyhoo... now that my system can handle the files I am making a large chunk of my time has been spent learning the new software and turning some of those 30GB files into 500MB videos I am willing to actually upload for all to see...

This one I call, "It' a TARP!"... we were rolling the static and found some Nulli guys who perked up, scouted our side to the static and, seeing no one around (as 21 of our 25 man fleet was off Dscan, alined to the hole and 4 of us were cloaked and inside the static) they decided to risk a quick ninja mass closing op... with 2 Orca's and an Archon...  =]

Things did not go quite as they had planned...



All in all... it has been a great month for me and my bros so far.


Fly safe and see you in the Sky. =/|)=

2 comments:

  1. Yea... it's a meme and a sarcastic play on words...

    From Star Wars when Admiral Akbar says, "It's a TRAP!" in reaction to an ambush sprung on his forces during the attack on the Death Star...

    It's a Tarp! is an intentional misspelling of the "It's a Trap" meme popularly used sarcastically on message boards, chan sites and ingame chat channels.

    (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/its-a-trap)
    (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=It%27s%20a%20tarp)

    ReplyDelete

I have opened my blog to Anonymous Users... I hope I will not come to regret this. Please identify yourself when posting and read my Blog Disclaimer and Comment Policy.

All posts on my blog are moderated by me. I will post em as soon as I see um...
Tur