Wednesday, October 28, 2015

BB68: Flying the Deadly Skies on Ductape and a Prayer...

~or “Dual Boxing onna 5 y.o. Laptop…”

Welcome to the continuing monthly EVE Blog Banters and our 68th edition! For more details about what the blog banters are please visit the Blog Banters Page.

BB68: This is my Rig, There are Many Like it...
What do you play Eve on? I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Are you pew-pewing on a laptop? Plotting universal domination on a 12 monitor set up? Mining away on a 50" TV? Is your set up located where your other half can speak to you or do you lock yourself away for hours in your Eve themed shed? How do you play your important internet spaceships?

Banter on!

===============================================================

I really enjoy this one and it kinda makes the rounds every year or so… the last time we did this was Dec 23rd last year. My situation really hasn’t changed much in the last year, so here is how I still do it...   =]

I’m most often setup in the pub… yes, I said Pub. I married a Brit so a 'bar' is the thing behind me one sets one's pint, or in my case a Ruum n Quafe, on and leans against whence pontificating... and a 'Pub' is the place where the ‘bar’ is... (though I sometimes move everything and setup at the kitchen table just for ‘cause… anyhoo)...

So this is how I do EVE and what I do it on...


Triple screens:
22" Main Dell screen on top of the kids old toychest cum end table cum monitor stand to my left;
17" Secondary screen, my laptop screen, for blogging, browsing, etc., etc. on the right and;
50" Distraction, the HDTV for time spent waiting on a fleetup or whatever up center there on the hearth... sans the XMass lights, this was taken back in Dec of ‘14 and aside from the lights, looks pretty much the same...

The Rig:
My system is still the same maxed out nothing-special-here 5ish year old HP Sleekbook 15 w/  1.7 GHz Intel Core i5-3317U-3 MB L3 cache/8GB DDR3 RAM sittin onna lapdesk as the years and gravity combined with my ass, and multiple Ruum ‘n Quafe’s, have worked together to slowly conform my "spot" to absolute perfection on the sectional sofa...  ahhhhhh...  =]


So... How do YOU EVE?


Fly wreckless and SEE you in the Pub... =/|)=

===============================================================

"Blog Banters" are brought to you… now… by the Good Folks at...

Sand, Cider and Spaceships” by Drackarn

The brainchild of the Blogfather, Crazy Kinux, blog banters are single subjects discussed across the EVE blogging community. It encourages the sharing of ideas and cross-pollination of readership. All in all a healthy thing for any community.

2 comments:

  1. That is quite the effort from your old laptop! You don't "do" EVE in the way I would, but I can certainly fully appreciate how well it could work for you. I find this sort of thing fascinating. It both humanises the person at the other end of the game, and outside of purely financial constraints, I think it can give you a sense of a person's personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I am AMAZED at the old gurl... and last year when I added the extra 4GB RAM I was finally able to dual box and at FULL graphics to boot... How I play is prolly quite unconventional, yet it works for me.

      I do want a good desk one day, haven't found one that speaks to me yet though... but I will also need a place for it and that will most likely entail some out of the way nook where I won't have the bar, fireplace and TV close to hand... ah well, so it goes I guess.

      I feel as you, this type of meta game stuff fascinates me... At the 2 EVE Meets I have been to in NOVA (Northern Virginia) I met Sugar Kyle, Rixx Javix, Grimmash, Mynxee, Epigene to name but a few... really changes how you 'see' them in the client.

      And I agree sharing OOC like this it can give you some insight into the person behind the toon so to speak. I like your setup and office very much BTW... I am a strange bird among gamers though it seems... I am a bit of an extrovert and prefer the company of friends and strangers alike which seems to go against the std gamer profile. Hence my setup in the pub where my kids prefer to watch TV, videos and do their gaming.

      Delete

I have opened my blog to Anonymous Users... I hope I will not come to regret this. Please identify yourself when posting and read my Blog Disclaimer and Comment Policy.

All posts on my blog are moderated by me. I will post em as soon as I see um...
Tur